Due to laws and regulation changes we have updated and created new documents. Feel free to download them or contact us with any queries.
|Subject Access Request Form||Subject Access Request Form|
|Data Protection Policy||Data Protection Policy|
|Consent Form||Consent Form|
1 The information collected
When you visit or register for services on any carmel: site, general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details will be collected so carmel: can contact you. carmel: may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example credit or debit card information when you wish to obtain goods or services from carmel:, when you register for conferences or events, participate in carmel: activities or complete other forms. carmel: may also collect information about your usage of carmel: websites as well as information about you from e-mails or letters you send to carmel:.
2 How your information may be used
- to establish and maintain your involvement with carmel: which may include providing you with regular correspondence;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from carmel:;
- to answer your inquiry by post, telephone, fax as well as email;
- to register you for events, conferences or promotions;
- to assist carmel: to make its sites, services and products more valuable to the community;
- for direct promotion of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments that may be of interest to you. If carmel: contacts you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, you will be provided with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications;
- to third parties where carmel: has retained those third parties to assist its operation and provide the products or services you have requested, such as religious education instructors, catering and event co-ordinators, promotions companies, transport providers, health care providers, website hosts and IT consultants, and carmel:’s professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants. In some circumstances carmel: may need to disclose sensitive information about you to third parties as part of the services you have requested; and
- to different parts of carmel: to enable the development and promotion of other products and services and to improve the general ability of carmel: to assist those who use any of the facilities and services provided by carmel:, including Church attendees and the wider community.
Where you have consented when providing us with your details, carmel: may also allow carefully selected third parties, including other churches in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by post, telephone or fax, as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these organisations in the future, please contactcarmel:.
Unless required to do so by law, carmel: will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
3 Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that carmel: holds about you by contacting the Privacy Officer as set out below. carmel: will provide you with access to your personal information unless legally authorised to refuse your request. carmel: may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contactcarmel:. After notice from you, carmel: will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please advise carmel: and that information will be deleted wherever practicable.
carmel: may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If carmel: does refuse your request, you will be provided with a reason for such decision and, in the case of amendment, it will be noted with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
carmel: will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information held and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, carmel: cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from carmel: over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. carmel: takes security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Your information will be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Cookies are small amounts of information that carmel: stores on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to carmel:, its system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also help to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on carmel: sites. If you do not wish to receive cookies in the future, please contact carmel:.
7 Contacting carmel: